Wednesday, September 7, 2011

CoSTOC 9/7/11 - Ride the Big Horns


Photo near Ten Sleep, WY

CoSTOC 9/7/11
Wed, Sep 7, 2011
Activity Type: Motorcycling | Event Type: Touring

Click map to Enlarge
or
Click here for Garmin Player



Summary- Billings to Casper via US14 west over the Big Horns and US16 east over the Big Horns again... Granite Pass and Ten Sleep Pass. US 14 on the Dayton side is milled and undergoing repaving... the delay was not bad. Stopped in Burgess to see if the guys had arrived. They had not. I was thinking they were riding up from Greybull and I'd run into them as I was riding down to Greybull. . Turned out they rode up from Lovell and had lunch in Burgess as I was having lunch at Dirty Annies down in Shell just 25 miles away. I did not see them until Manitou as they stayed in Lander just west of Casper about 110 miles. I rode on intending to make Laramie but ended up in Casper. I had to call the cops during the night as there was a disturbance at the Motel 6. Casper is a hole. It isn't the first time I had trouble in a motel there (Ramada) I'll not ever stop in Sheridan or Casper again.


Overall
Time: 09:11:39
Distance: 451.14 mi
Elevation Gain: 26,046 ft


Timing
Time: 09:11:39
Moving Time: 07:24:56
Elapsed Time: 09:11:39
Avg Speed: 49.1 mph
Avg Moving Speed: 60.8 mph
Max Speed: 95.4 mph
Speed

Heart Rate
Avg HR: 97 bpm
Max HR: 134 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment